The radiometer measures sky brightness temperature at 21 frequencies between 22.0 GHz and 30.0 GHz. Each channel is rouinely calibrated using the tip-curve technique.
Data products available:
- Calibrated brightness temperature measured at 21 frequencies (selectable) between 22.0 and 30.0 GHz.
- Water vapour profile
- Integrated water vapour (IWV)
- Liquid water path (LWP)
Data are produced approximately every 2 minutes. Water vapour profiles from MP-1500A radiometer at Chilbolton are displayed on the Chilbolton weather web. All data are available from the British Atmospheric Data Centre.
Accuracy of water products:
- Integrated water vapour: 1 - 2 mm
- Liquid water path (with no precipitation): approximately 15%
Specification of radiometer:
- Frequency range: 22.0 - 30.0 GHz
- Pre-detection bandwidth per channel: 300 MHz
- Brightness temperature accuracy per channel: 0.5 - 1.0 K
- Half-power beamwidth: 4.9 - 6.3 degrees across the frequency range
Technical specifications of the microwave radiometer